I’m a working woman now
Today was my second day of work at my new job. I am such a yarn-crazy-obsessed-ho that I felt compelled to get a job at my LYS, Unraveled, to be around yarn even more! They are having a sale, 20% off everything in the store, even marked down stuff, and it was busy today. Mass quantities of yarn were being consumed everywhere. Nothing like being on your feet 3 hours straight to remind one that one is no longer the spring chicken that one mentally fools herself into believing. That’s why I keep doing kung fu, but that’s a topic for another day.
OTN right now are:
- Tweedy vest from Interweave Knits using some red Dale Sisik I have in my stash
- Not one but two! of Iris Shreier’s silky tie wraps from Creative Knitting, one using rayon rikrak I bought on eBay, and the other using turquoise Schachenmayer Catania I got at a steal from Little Knits
- flowers to finish my floral trellis scarf from Scarf Style
The BIG question is… what projects do I have in the queue? More like, what don’t I have in the queue. Time for me to come clean.
- A canadien hat from The Purl Stitch and a ribbed watch cap (not sure which pattern yet) using Noro Kureyon (shhhhh… they’re surprise gifts)
- Stefanie Japel’s Orangina for the Sexy Knitter’s Club KAL. I am currently obsessing over yarn for this project and trying to think of a good substitute for the Rowan 4 ply cotton that is used. The KAL starts April 1, so if you have any good ideas, drop me a line.
- Wobbly Circles Tote from the latest Interweave Knits Magazine for the KAL which starts April 15
- A knitted babe for my 5-going-on-25 little sweetie girl
- The Odessa hat by Grumperina
- Picovoli also by Grumperina
- Socks, socks and more socks
- And the list goes on and on and on
Whew, I’m exhausted from just thinking about all of the work cut out for me. And of course, I have acquired all of the yarn already. Good thing I’m a working woman so I can finance this multiplying stash.