I got my new camera, and I’m a happy camper. I only have one picture to post. Carol and Carol (mother and daughter) were special guests at our Pasadena Daytimers SnB meeting last week. We were up to at least 12 knitsters at the meeting. All kinds of knitting and crocheting fun. Carol, the Mom, lives in Baja California, and was visiting daughter Carol. Mom Carol attends a SnB group back at home also; she amazed us with her amazing speed crocheting skills. She crocheted a cap in 45 minutes! Burn baby burn!
Happy Belated Mother’s Day to all of you out there!
I’m participating in my very first secret pal exchange, the One Skein Secret Pal Exchange, and my secret pal has contacted me. Here are my answers:
1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?
I like so many different things which is exactly like me… lots of different interests. And to expose myself and stay open to new yarns, I’m always interested in seeing what other yarn afficionados like.
2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?
Tough one… I like so many colors, but primarily am drawn to greens, purples and pinks (in the spring/summer) and reds (in fall/winter).
3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?
Yes, and I love variegated yarns… greens, purples, pinks, reds, golds, oranges, hints of brown
4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?
I always choose yarns made up primarily of natural fibers, e.g., wool, cotton, cashmere, etc.
5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls of yarn?
6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in trying them?
I love the feel of Blue Sky Alpaca’s organic cotton. A friend knit a scarf with it last year, and I couldn’t get the feel of the fabric out of my memory — luscious!
7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?
15-20 but don’t ask how many actually get worn!
8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year?
Absolutely. I try to knit gifts here and there throughout the year.
9. What is your favorite one skein project?
(Sheepishly :D) I haven’t made anything from the book yet, but I am definitely eyeing the felted clutch, the scarf with one cable on the side, the cupcakes, and the felted bowls.
10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?
I never have enough yarn but probably about 100-125 skeins, stored in baskets on a shelf, a plastic bin, and 2 big ziploc bags under the bed.
11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never use it or part with it?
I feel that way about any of the “nicer” yarns I have acquired, e.g., any that didn’t come from Michael’s or JoAnn’s.
12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer?
I don’t knit any less, hopefully more, in the summer, but like most othes I find I’m wanting to knit more with cotton yarns and choosing summery tops.
13. Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?
I actively attend and coordinate a local SnB group, Pasadena Daytimers, that meets weekly, and also belong to the SnB Los Angeles, knitlist, and sockknitters yahoo message boards.
Thanks, Secret Pal!