What to do? What to do?
I need help. I’m juggling 3 projects in my mind and can’t decide what to cast on first. (This is the exciting part! Pictures sprinkled in for fun.) Here are my choices:
- Hand Maiden Sea Silk in ivory to make into the Lace Wings Shawl. Here’s a picture that shows how sumptuous it is.
- Anny Blatt Merino in auburgine for the Simple Knitted Bodice as part of the Sexy Knitter’s Club.
- Artful Yarns Fable in pinkish red (colorway Little Red Riding Hood) for Picovoli that’s still OTN.
Even though I have swatched for the Simple Knitted Bodice, it will take a while to complete and we have until November, I think, to finish it. So, I think that gets pushed back in the queue.
Here’s the problem: I have about 3 inches done on Picovoli and it has been sitting for a while. It’s heavy worsted and I am using Addi Turbos size 3 to get gauge. I like how the fabric looks so far, even though it’s a tad thick. Honestly, it kinda hurts my fingers to knit it. I really feel it in my fingers the next day. Those are the only size 3 needles I have (right now), so I would have to use them if I wanted to cast on the Lace Wings shawl.
- Do I send this Fabled Picovoli to the frog pond
- Should I look for a pattern better suited for the weight of Fable?
- Should I suck it up, tough it out and finish Picovoli at a later point?
- Should I start the Lace Wings shawl?
I’d love to hear your opinion. Please tell me what you think.