I was tagged by Silvia Silverknits for the 7 Random Things meme. (How does one pronounce meme? Is it “meem” or “me me?” Inquiring minds want to know useless trivia.) I think I’m the last person on planet Earth (pronounced ee-arth) to do this, so thankfully there’s no one left to tag.
Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged need to write on their own blog those 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.
7 Random Things
1. My left forearm was broken during a sparring exercise at Kungfu. The break was a classic nightstick or defensive fracture. Looking at the xray of it for the first time made me queasy. The guy kicked too hard; I blocked like I was supposed to. Crack. No, he isn’t allowed back at the school anymore.
2. I’m a purse ho. And I’m still in search of the perfect knitting purse/bag. Of course, my criteria change on a regular basis, so that just ensures my odyssey will continue.
3. I’m the youngest of six kids. Yep, that’s a whole lotta us. ‘Nuff said.
4. I’m a Bruin through and through. I have early memories of watching UCLA basketball games when John Wooden was still the coach. 5 out of us 6 kids graduated from here too.
5. I am a sweet snacker. You know how some people automatically reach for salty foods for a snack? Not me. Sugar all the way, baby!
6. I learned to crochet when I was in 5th grade, the year of the bicentennial. (Okay, don’t bother with the math. I’m 41.) We double crocheted red and white strips which the teacher was going to piece together to make a flag. It never got done, but I still have that very strong muscle memory of how to hold the yarn and double crochet in me.
7. Flying scares me but I always forget, until I’m sitting in my seat, buckled in and ready to take off. Long flights are definitely better than short ones, because once the plan reaches the desired altitude, you straighten out and stay there for a loooooong time. One hour flights are the worst. Turbulence going up and then the plane starts its descent, and turbulence again.
Okay, that’s it for randomness. If you feel left out that you haven’t done this meme, or if you are an alien just arriving on this planet, feel free to take a crack at this, if you’re so inclined.