Annette set her Summer Knitting Goals, as part of a contest held by Ali at Skeins Her Way. The winner will receive 4 hanks of Blue Sky Dyed Cotton in the color of his/her choice and the pattern for the Fitted Tank from Blue Sky. Click here to read all about it! But hurry…the contest closes tomorrow! Make sure you let her know that I sent you.
Here are my summer knitting goals, although not necessarily in this order:
1. CPH – although I technically should have this done before the official first day of summer (June 21), I’ll still put this on the list as a just-in-case.
2. Lace shawl – the top candidate right now is the Flower Basket Shawl by Evelyn Clark using my Handmaiden Sea Silk. Yep, I’ve officially given up on the Lace Wings pattern. I get easily tempted and distracted, so who knows what will actually get cast on, but for now, FBS is the top contender.
3. Dropped Stitch Lace Tank from Fitted Knits – This is one of the coolest new projects floating in the blogosphere. I recently got some Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece for it, and I’d like to knit it in the round. I figured that should make the 2×2 rib in the back go much faster.
4. Socks – Finish two pairs of socks for June and July. One of those two will be for my Sockapalooza Pal and must be mailed by the end of July. I’ll probably make the ubiquitous Monkey pattern by the genius Cookie. I’m hoping to find some nice purple stash yarn for these socks, maybe some Cherry Tree Hill? I just cast on a pair of Feather and Fan socks using stash yarn, CTH in Monet. I think the pattern will really show off the variegated colors.
5. Wobbly Tote – Finish that UFO already! It’s over a year old. I got tired of the fiddly little yarn bundles, but I just need to buckle down and get the first side done. The second side will probably be something much easier, maybe stripes in a Fibonacci sequence.
6. Pink fluff – finish the object also known as Sweetie Girl’s ballet shrug.
Are you done laughing yet? I know; you’re laughing *with* me. I really don’t think I can do all of that in one summer, but figured I might as well set some goals to stretch me a bit. I had eight goals originally, and kept wanting to add more, but realistically, I had to eliminate two of them. After all, as my wise niece, Katie, says, “Reach for the moon. If you miss, you will land among the stars.”